Relocating To Barbados - Information You Need
Immigration RegulationsSee documents required to enter Barbados
Duration of Visit
Visitors coming to Barbados should provide proof of adequate means of support during their stay.
Extension of Stay
Visitors wishing to extend their stay should make an application to the Immigration Department on the prescribed form which is available at the department.
The following items should be submitted with the application:
- one passport size photograph
- a valid passport or travel document
- a valid airline ticket
- evidence of means of support
- application fee of BDS $25 (US$ 12.50)
Visitors are not permitted to engage in any occupation or to accept any employment during the period of their stay.
Chief Immigration OfficerImmigration Department
Persons who wish to take up permanent residence in Barbados must provide tangible evidence that they are not likely to become a charge on the nation. Applications should be made to the Immigration Department.
Long Term Residence
For those considering relocating to Barbados for a couple of years or even just a few months, there are several accommodation options available. Explore our Long Term Rentals section to find the perfect property for you and your family.
Barbados Architect Services
If you are relocating to Barbados and require the services of an architect, there are several professional architects registered in Barbados.
Barbados real estate: Buying or renting
The following guidelines must be followed when importing any animal into Barbados:
- An import permit must be obtained from the Chief Veterinary Officer before the importation of all animals, reptiles and birds.
- A Veterinary Officer must examine the animal before it is allowed to leave the customs area.
- Dogs and cats must be free of any communicable disease. These animals may be imported by permit directly from the UK, Ireland, Jamaica, St.Kitts - Nevis, Antigua, St.Lucia and St.Vincent. Cats and dogs originating from all other countries must undergo 6 months quarantine in Britain after which time an import permit can be secured.
- For further inquiries, contact Veterinary Services at Tel: (246) 427-5073 or Fax: (246) 420-8444
Persons who wish to pursue a course of study in Barbados should apply for a student visa before entering the island. Applications for student visas should be made on the prescribed form to the Immigration Department.
If you are looking to relocate to Barbados, for a couple of years, or maybe just a few months? We can help you to find the perfect property for you and your family.